Rampleys in England
These pages have been online since 1998, but I update them with occasional
visits to the Family
Records Centre, London, UK. They contain the following entries:
- 914 births and 6 adoptions
- 632 marriages
- 578 deaths
(See also the notes below).
Follow the links below (number of entries in parentheses):
Births, Marriages and Deaths in England and Wales
Notes on the Information Recorded
- All the registrations of Rampley births, marriages and deaths held
in the registers at the Family
Records Centre are available on these pages. The information
recorded varies from year to year, and so the pages (arranged chronologically)
correspond to the changes in the information recorded in the registers.
- The most recent registers available are currently for 2001 (at August
2003). The oldest national registers are for the third quarter of 1837.
- Registration was only compulsory from 1874, so records are unlikely
to be complete before that year.
- Marriages at the Family
Records Centre are entered twice - once for each person.
- Texts are reproduced as they appear in the registers, with notes where
there may be errors.
- The lists additionally contains some closely-related names: Ramply,
Ramplee and Ramplen (and the occasional Rampely, Rampler and Rampla).
There are far fewer of each of these names. The names Ramplin and Rampling
are not listed.
- The Family
Records Centre only covers England and Wales. In Scotland
there is a separate records office
I now have
Rampleys in family trees.